By accessing the Cordys websites and all related pages (“Site”) and any subscription based features or services offered by Cordys either through the Site or by separate URL, (collectively, the “Services”), you are accepting the practices outlined in this Statement.
We are committed to handling your personal data received in accordance with the Safe Harbor Principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor Principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
c/o Cordys Inc.
1676 Viewpond, Kentwood, MI, 49315
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer access to our online software application development environment after you register for an account or provide personal information to us. In order to provide such Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for application development and deployment services through Cordys Process Factory (CPF) or the Cordys Business Operations Platform (BOP), you are required to register. We ask you for personal information (such as your name, phone number, mailing address, email address and an account password).This information may be stored on Cordys’ hosting providers’ secured databases. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Cordys Services and provide it to various departments within the Cordys group of companies to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our Services.
- Log information- When you access Cordys Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communications to Cordys, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Cordys or our users; and
- Developing new services.
Cordys processes personal information on our servers and those of our hosting providers in the United States of America and in other countries. We may use your personal information to send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular Service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information as described above. If we plan to use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our Services, in which case Cordys may not be able to provide those Services to you.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (c) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cordys, its users or the public as required or permitted by law, (d) Cordys marketing purposes, or (e) Cordys Community.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term for reporting purposes. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address above for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Cordys employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
Users of Cordys Services have password protected access to their personal information so they can correct this data if it is inaccurate. Users must use proper passwords to access, correct or remove the information. We may respond to a request to access, correct or remove such information, but we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Cordys' policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Cordys and an individual.