Master Data Management
Master Data Management is one of the key components of the Cordys Business Operations Platform, a leading product for next generation BPM. To be a leader in today’s business environment you need to embrace change. A rapidly changing business environment and the challenges posed by globalization require not only agility, but also absolute consistency and reliability of data and information which can be achieved with Master Data Management.
Real-time information across disparate data sources
Cordys Master Data Management (MDM) offers access to real-time synchronization of data from disparate sources across applications, departments and geographies, resulting in:
- A single view of relevant master data
- Consistent use of master data in cross-functional business processes
- Increased flexibility through decoupling of business processes from data sources
- Real time monitoring of business processes which span multiple application silos
Continuous process improvement beyond boundaries
With Cordys Master Data Management, customers are dramatically increasing flexibility, control and visibility of end-to-end business processes on the basis of unified definitions of master data. This enables business managers to continuously improve business processes across the entire organization, and beyond it.
Process driven Master Data Management
Master data synchronization, data consolidation, data aggregation and publication of information related to critical business processes are particularly important for organizations dealing with e-business, enrichment of data in a product catalog for webshops, compliancy issues and risk management. In fact, anyone looking for a process driven, customer-centric approach to information management will benefit from Cordys Master Data Management.
Cordys Master Data Management at a glance:
Leveraging the strong Cordys platform foundation, Cordys MDM offers:
- Pluggable architecture (employing third party data quality tools etc.)
- Near real-time data synchronization
- Master data, business object life cycle management
- Event driven object life cycle management
- Strong workflow capabilities
- Works in publish - subscribe model
- Support for web services
- Supports all relevant MDM patterns (Registry, Co-existence, Transactional)
Thus, there are a wide variety of ways in which organizations can utilize Cordys MDM to build and deploy trusted data hubs, according to the needs and goals of the enterprise. In a nutshell, here is what MDM can provide for the enterprise:
- Identify sources of master data
- Identify producers and consumers of master data
- Collect and analyze metadata of master data
- Appoint data stewards
- Implement data a governance program
- Develop a master data model
- Design and setup the infrastructure
- Generate and test the master data
- Modify producing and consuming systems to integrate with the new MDM solution.
- Implement maintenance processes