Best-practice implementation methodology
The transformation towards a process-oriented organization requires changes in different disciplines. To be able to manage these changes a solid methodology is very instrumental. Cordys has invested significantly in a practical and hands-on implementation methodology called Cordys@Work. This is a proven, practical framework based on industry standards (Scrum, Prince2, ITIL, UML etc.) for building Cordys solutions that focuses on the crucial roles within the solution design and delivery process:
Business Operations Improvement
- Analyst@Work is a repository for analysts with general introduction to Business Process Management, modeling approaches and best practices.
- Architect@Work is a continuously enhanced knowledge base of architectural designs, including guidelines, solution use patterns, and functional and technical design templates.
- SolutionDeveloper@Work includes templates, tools and guidelines for developing service-oriented business applications using the SCRUM development methodology.
- Administrator@Work supports system, database, platform and application management.
- ProjectManager@Work is a best-practices project management methodology (based on Prince2) for end-to-end project control.
- BusinessAnalyst@Work module is to provide a widely accepted Business Process Management (BPM) methodology (based on standards) for Cordys, partners and customers that leverages the Cordys platform during the continuous improvement cycle and results in a successful, referable customer project with a well-defined, positive Return-on-Investment.
The set up of Cordys@Work is based on a central repository of artifacts which can be approached through different navigation styles: closed-loop business improvement stages, role based, type of project, phase in the project.
Cordys@Work is modular, in the sense that there are clear boundaries and touch points which allow customers and partners to adopt different standards for one or more modules if required. For example, project management may be based on PMI standard or System Integrators project management approach instead of Prince2 as Cordys has adopted. Yet the customer or partner can benefit from the strengths of Cordys’ approach to agile software development by applying this module from Cordys@Work in combination with a different project management approach.
Cordys@Work has been designed, set up and is maintained by field experts who use their hands on experience to enhance the methodology. Since the delivery model is purely online, through our Cordys Community, customers and partners do have access to the latest version. Access is free of charge for Cordys Community members.